TBT: The Brutal Truth

Friday, June 09, 2006

Collateral Damage

This was his hidey hole ...
This was a nearby car ...
And this was his FACE -- all after two 500lb bombs.

Any questions?

Yeah, Sy, ya fuckin' Murika-hater. Why can't ya be happy about his death?!?


This from the April 10th edition of the WaPo is why I can't be "happy" ...

The U.S. military is conducting a propaganda campaign to magnify the role of the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq, according to internal military documents and officers familiar with the program ...

For the past two years, U.S. military leaders have been using Iraqi media and other outlets in Baghdad to publicize Zarqawi's role in the insurgency. The documents explicitly list the "U.S. Home Audience" as one of the targets of a broader propaganda campaign.

In a transcript of the meeting, Col. Derek Harvey said, "Our own focus on Zarqawi has enlarged his caricature, if you will -- made him more important than he really is, in some ways."


I refuse to FEEL about Zarqawi the way I'm being TOLD to feel about Zarqawi; how I'm being SHOCKED and AWED first and then ORDERED and INSTRUCTED by Herr BushelGruber, the military, the Pentagon, and the Republican-owned, tax-break collecting media to FEEL about Zarqawi. Sorry, but my tin-hat propeller doesn't spin that way ... because I'm the Decider and I've decided to MANAGE my own PERCEPTIONS about Zarqawi without any psychologic operational "help" from anyone.


|

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home