TBT: The Brutal Truth

Sunday, March 27, 2005

An Open Letter To The Right Wing Pundits

Hello,

I'm Jason Sizemore, the author of a blog entitled "TBT: The Brutal Truth", and it has come to my attention
thanks to this Media Matters article, that many of the pundits along the Right have accused "liberals" for wanting Terry Schaivo to die because of "their hate for Bush" or because of "payback" to Christians. I don't speak for all Liberals but I do, however, speak for myself. I'm going to take the time and truthfully respond to each of these accusations. And, yes, you will get the truth from me. Afterall, my blog is all about truth and that's the currency I deal in, even if the truth is something you folks can't stand.

First, I'm going to address the questions from Rush Limbaugh:


How many of you want Terri Schiavo to die simply because some Christian conservatives want her to live?



Well, Rush, if you would've asked me this roughly two weeks ago, I would've said that Terri Schaivo's life or death is none of my business, relegating it as a matter between her husband and family. I would've also opined that I didn't think it was the business of the Christian Conservatives, either. Lastly, I would've made it clear that her plight isn't something I would consider actual newsworthy to the degree that the for-profit-and-ratings, corporate, mainstream media has sensationalized it out to be.

However, after witnessing the GOP dominated Congress last week overstepping their bounds in drafting a bill that can only be accurately described as an unthinkable act of spitting on states' rights for the sake of adjudicating from the legislature, the incessant garbage being spewed by Randall Terry (a man who strikes me as one that is seriously considering casting away the mantle of part-time abortion clinic demogogue in exchange for a more full-time role as a general domestic terrorist), and the self-serving political grandstanding by Sen. Tom Delay (a man so rife with ethics violations and corruption that he makes the soil at my local landfill look cleaner than the confessional booth at St. Mary's Catholic Church), I must confess that yes, I want Terry Schaivo to die because, other than the idea of being dependant on a feeding tube to ensure my survival, I could think of no other worse way to live than to have that plus the lack of a cerebral cortex necessary to witness my unfortunate circumstances being paraded on national TV by a bunch of bourgeois idiot politicians hoping that their use of me as a meat-puppet will effectively engergize a portion of their voting base.

The fact that such of a thing is going on right now with Terri Schaivo makes me so ill that the only rational thing that comes to my mind is to pray and hope for a quick and painless death so that her precious soul will be released from such a foul, heinous world and into the loving hands of a Savior who might take a keen interest in remembering the names of all the rotten crooks that voted in favor of that bill by the time His Great White Throne judgement rolls around and if He were to also remember the names of all their cheerleading political pundits, I for one won't argue with Him.

You just despise the red-state, hayseed, holy-roller crowd that you think is steamrollering the country.

Actually, my loathing of the red-states has very little to do with hayseeds and the holy-roller crowd that indeed IS steamrolling the country (Jesus wept, history shows that every single time religion and government is mixed together, bloodshed and inquisitions follow and I'm convinced more than ever before that such foaming-at-the-mouth lunatics like the above mentioned Randall Terry & Ann Coulter would be all too happy to lead a theocratic Christo-Taliban regime here) and has everything to do with the fact that those red-states are mouching off the blue states in order to fund their STOP signs, Valley Authorities, church-sponsored Bingo games, and tax evading, self-hating, hookering, hack journalist plants!

And, since you don't like Christian conservatives so much you want them to be disappointed. You want them to find out what it's like to be on the losing side.


Personally, I believe Christian conservatives ARE on the losing side because I don't consider them Christians at all. I see them as the parasitic frauds cloaking their bloodthirty, war-loving appetite in a shroud of righteousness some of our forefathers warned us about. Christ himself even warned us about them in Matthew 7:21-23 as well as the Apostle Paul thru his second letter to Timothy (3:1-7). Aw, would you look at that? I'm using some of the most popular passages the fakers use to villify those on the left! How does that work?!? I don't know. Maybe their Bible is different from the ones I use? Maybe it's a Holy Spirit thing. It's okay though for I'm sure the right-wing Christians think I'm the one whose the fake Christian because I voted for Clinton twice and don't concern myself with abortions and gays. And yes, I very well DO want Christian Conservatives to be disappointed because that's the only time they show their true colors and, apparently, they learned it from Yassir Afafat who used to do the same thing according to numerous quotes by Afafat I've read in countless Hal Lindsey publications. You guys do consider Hal Lindsey credible, right?

Now to address some questions from Mr. Scarborough:

Why is that the same activists who fight to save the whales, the spotted owls, and a snail darter, for God's sake, sit quietly by while the U.S. government helps kill Terri Schiavo?


I wouldn't call 89% of Democrats, 72% of Republicans, 84% of liberals, 76% of conservatives, and a whopping 68% of white evangelicals as the same activists you're railing against. According to
John Aravosis's math skills, he concludes that, "Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell, the Concerned Women for America, the Family Research Council, and the American Family Association COMBINED represent less than 1/3 of all white evangelicals. Not only do these guys not speak for most Christians, they don't even speak for most evangelicals." And yet, here you are, Mr. Scarborough, schlacking them all together with the "activist" mantle. Besides that, considering Terri Schaivo had bolemia and her husband reports that she was overly concerned about her weight, if anything killed Terri Schaivo, it was Terri Schaivo. That's the sad reality of this and it would seem that such a person with moral values such as yourself would be foolish to overlook it.

But do they hate George Bush so much that they are cheering for Terri's death only because the president of the United States and his brother are fighting for Terri's life?

Although I've already stated my own personal reasons for Terri Schaivo to die, I believe that the only disingenuous group of people really rooting for her death are people like YOU, Mr. Scarborough because the Conservative Republican apparatchiks that you praise so much are down there for political reasons and really don't give rat's ass about Terri Schaivo at all. They're down there because they're starting to realize that one can only rehash the same refrain over and over again before it starts to sound old, tired, and forced. Thus, it loses it's desired effectiveness. The GOP, party line pundits, and Free Republic lapdogs are in need of fresh material to use in demonizing the Left because they've worn the "Dirty Liberal Hippies Love Saddam And Hate America" meme completely out. People are starting to wise up and wake up ... and that's exactly what Tom DeLay, Bill Frist, Karl Rove, and George W. Bush can't afford to happen. In fact, the very idea that you and other conservative pundits bring such a notion into public debate proves that you're the ones with the guilt on your conscience. How? It's like that old rule of farting in public -- it isn't going to be a big deal until someone prides it out to be a big deal by drawing attention to it, and once they do, it's all "Ye Who Smelt It, Dealt It!" Therefore, I'm convinced that whenever right-wing pundits concoct silly notions about the true intentions and beliefs of liberals, they're actually saying more about themselves than they are about the liberals they're castigating.

Let's tackle Ms. Noonan briefly:

On Tuesday James Carville's face was swept with a sneer so convulsive you could see his gums as he damned the Republicans trying to help Mrs. Schiavo.


And they deserved to be damned, hence the reason why only 47 Conservative Democrats voted with the GOP on the passing of the Schaivo Bill -- the rest of the party did what the majority of Americans believe Congress should've done in the first place: Stayed home and butted out of the private Schaivo affair.


Now, I'll address Bill O'Rielly:

Why do you care whether she lives or dies?


At first, I didn't. But thanks to the corporate, for-profit, Republican-owned and operated, mainstream media that gainfully employs people like you, I was bombarded with salacious and sensationalistic details over and over and over again to the point where I couldn't avoid it any longer. Of course, I've could've changed the channel to maybe GSN but damn that FOX NEWS is like a big train wreck. You know you shouldn't look ... but you can't help yourself. Besides, turning off the corporate, for-profit, Republican owned and operated, mainstream media is something I can't do as a Blogger who wants truth, demands truth, and when I don't get the truth, I fire up this blog and proceed to do something that journalists used to do: speak truth to power!

For free, too! Love or hate Bloggers, the corporate bean counters must know that if we are doing FOR FREE (aside from ads and PayPal contributions) what the salaried journalists are refusing to do out of either fear of their corporate taskmasters, fear from being pidgeonholed by some sanctimonious pundits, or from just plain old fashioned complacency, then there's got to be a point where diminishing returns will set in, creating more fed-up Bloggers who may even start really effecting the corporate bottom line by taking a page from L. Brent Bozell's playbook and reaming the sponsors of the media. We've witnessed Bloggers tear down the ivory towers of Eason Jordan, Dan Rather, and Jeff Gannon in short order and I doubt very much the sponsors want any of that. And I'm sure the Corporate media would get their "soundbyte" rocks off if perhaps some of these Bloggers end up even running for office themselves (that is until the words "Fairness Doctrine" appear in their stump speeches).

So, to answer your question, I didn't care all that much and I don't think the majority of the American people did, either, no offense to either Micheal Schaivo or the Shindlers. But, people like you starting bloviating about it when there were far more important other things worth bloviating about (fake journalist gay hookers in the White House press corp come immediately to mind).

Lastly, I'll take on something Bay Buchanan said:

This judge has basically told her husband, here, take a gun and shoot her. It's the same thing.

That goes to show the sad irony in all of this. Had Terri Schaivo been "Old Yeller", none of us would be here talking about it. Hell, if Dr. Kervorkian was still in business, he'd be getting all the damn flak from the Right instead of a good portion of Americans who voiced their views in the polls. Interesting how the conservative pundits are ignoring that and it's reminding me of the words of a former White House hack journalist saying something about certain people being "divorced from reality".


|

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home