TBT: The Brutal Truth

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The "Pretender" Class Speaks

Sick American Shit:

Fifty percent of those polled said they feared the federal government would spend too much on reconstruction.


Gotta let my heart rule my head here. Hey, assholes -- perhaps you should try putting American lives ahead of your fuckin' wallet for a change. That way, this whole thing about "80% of Americans considering themselves Christian" can actually mean something worth a damn instead of a convenient conversation peice.

Forty-five percent said Americans should make "major sacrifices" to pay for the effort, but only 20 percent said they would be willing to make those sacrifices themselves.


I'll let Billmon speak for me here.

Seventeen percent said they would be willing to pay higher taxes to support reconstruction efforts, and 15 percent favored financing the cost with more deficit spending. Six percent said they would pay for reconstruction efforts with cuts in domestic spending.


The 17% and the 6% bother the fuck out of me. The former is because it implies that 82% of Americans aren't willing to pay higher taxes to support the efforts. With the deficit this bad, taxes are going to have to be raised anyway so the sooner, the better. Raise them now and tell these people to get the fuck over it. As for the latter, again that's too low as it implies 94% of the people would rather have $460 Million dollars going to Alaska for two worthless-as-all-hell bridges that only benefit tens of people in a country of almost 300 Million people. If that shit is indeed true, then I'm not going to bother waisting my time, breath, and contribution money running for public office myself in this country despite all the pressure I've been put through over past 10 years because I just simply can't abide but such ridiculous self-indulgent bullshit. There's just no way in either Heaven or Hell that I can compromise my values for that.

You might be thinking, "No big loss, you fartknocker! Considering how you attack and insult the American people on this blog, you wouldn't get elected no how! Christ, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?!?"

My defense is simple: my mother's mouth is worse than mine and I can't remember the last time I let her kiss me. Besides, I rather risk insulting the people with the truth and lose ... than bullshit them with lies and end up winning. I feel the latter is a bigger insult because it mocks their intelligence and allows sanctimonious self-serving politicans to take them for granted and if they're willing to take the people for granted, then they'll take anything for granted: the U.S. Treasury, our military, everything and anything. Nothing is taboo.

So, it boils down to a values argument -- exactly what in the hell do the people want in terms of leadership in this country? Do they want the truth or a good story. If they want the latter, then they are simply convenient marks for the current crop of carreer politician ear ticklers and, in the end, they'll get what they pay for as they always do. But if they want changes, then they'll have to come to grips with mouthy-assed unapologetic mavericks and, like Harry Truman or the Apostle Paul before me, I'm one mouthy maverick that doesn't require a permission slip from a single soul to call 'em as I see 'em.

This is the way I see them.


|

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home